Friday, October 30, 2015

Down 80!

I can't remember the last time I was this "light."  College maybe? Freshman year? It's funny how being that fat in college and weighing the same now being told I look great.  Isn't it interesting?  It's also interesting how great I feel at 215 now but how miserable I was then at the same weight.  Is it age? It it cause I got so close to 300 that 215 feels skinny?

Whatever the answers, I'm feeling on top of the world. Financial woes aside (who doesn't), I have a lot going for me right now.  I truly feel the encouragement from people around me and it's the most motivating. I know I've said it before but I truly mean it. I'm glad I did the surgery and I did it for the right reasons. To live.  Everything else that has come with it is truly icing on the cake. Quick, someone remind me what icing on a cake tastes like!

I'm doing better with ensuring I eat.  String cheese is a go to item for me, as are veggie crisps. I've also started generic protein bars now that I have a better tolerance for nuts and solids. Smarts ones has a lot of TV dinners that are high protein and low in calorie and also don't taste like freezer burn. That's a plus!  We are told not to use straws but I've been getting green tea lemonade a lot from Starbucks and I simply need the damn straw. The thing is, when I drink a tall beverage with a straw I wind up consuming more liquids throughout the day which is good for me.

Starting weight: 296
Current weight: 215
81 pounds lost so far!  16 pounds to go for my Christmas goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment